It is now possible to export your LSS3D files out from the latest version of LSS v10 to the Unity Engine with our new LSS Unity Plugin
To request a FREE 30 day trial download with no obligation to buy our LSS Unity Plugin – email our sales team at: email@example.com or call +44 (0) 1452 864244
The Unity Engine doesn't cost anything to download and was originally built to create games, but over the years Unity has expanded into several other industries including architecture, engineering and construction from where other technologies can be implemented such as WebGL (viewing data via an internet browser, as shown in the following image), AR, VR and more.
We cover all the steps in our documentation from downloading Unity, exporting your LSS3D file, bringing your files into Unity, adding/changing how your survey should be finally presented. If in doubt you can always give us a call and one of our Unity Developers will assist you with your project.
Within Unity you can take your survey model data and manipulate the visuals to how you want.
- Point Codes - Add your own/purchased 3D models to your point code data with our LSS Unity Plugin:
- Link Codes - You can also do the same with your LSS link code data:
- Surface Codes - Make/buy download, use your own materials to apply convincing looking water (FREE from the Unity Asset Store), tarmac and more to your surface codes. In the documentation we refer to how textures can be downloaded for FREE:
- General Text - If your LSS survey model contains text you can alter its size, border, font, colour and more in the LSS Unity Plugin:
- Post Processing - Change the way your project is presented in its final build:
- Camera Data - Import and play your LSS camera animation data and/or view, navigate around your own survey:
- Add Assets - Add your own 3D models/textures with the Unity asset store:
Save your Unity session, build it and send it on to anyone with a PC. The end user does not require a copy of LSS or Unity to view and navigate through your survey models end result.
Other features coming soon to the LSS Unity Plugin:
WebGL - View and navigate your survey end result from Unity with just an internet browser (demo link coming soon):
Phone/Tablet (Android) - View and navigate your survey end result without the need for an internet connection (download demo coming soon).
If you would like to know more about our LSS Unity Plugin, download the LSS Manager documentation HERE
The LSS Unity Plugin is supplied as a 12 month licence and includes updates. Each licence entitles the user to run the software on one Windows PC. It is not dependent on a pre-existing LSS installation and uses a software licence (not a dongle). The cost is £250 a year per licence.
Please refer to Unity’s page on PC specification HERE
Unity does not cost anything to download and use for personal use, for details about Unity’s other pricing subscription plans check HERE